Winter Feed Barley
Orwell is a high yielding two row winter barley. It is the granddaughter of Cassia, and has excellent straw strength and returns consistent results across many growing regions and weather conditions.
- Great grain quality with low screenings.
- Orwell has proven over the last three years to be consistently similar in quality to Cassia with improved yield (5% increase).
- Orwell delivers a step up in straw strength compared to any other true winter barley.
- Very good test weight and kernel weight.
- Consistent results in a wide range of soils and growing conditions.
4 YEAR AVERAGE YIELD RESULT
% of Trial Mean
Trial Mean 11.7 T/ha
CV – 5.4%
GRAIN QUALITY & ATTRIBUTES
4 YEAR AVERAGE